Chesters Garage Power LED Shield
Photo: Mark Chester
Shield URL: Power LED Shield
Tags: led, output
Maker: Chesters Garage
This shield drives and controls power LEDs (LEDs rated 1W and up). In addition to PWM dimming control, the output current of each channel is adjustable with a trim-potentiometer for driving LEDs at less than
The PWM pin for each channel is jumper-selectable and any combination of pins can be assigned. For safety and proper operation, the drivers are electrically isolated from the Arduino pins by opto-couplers on each channel. The shield also includes a 5V regulator that can power the Arduino.
- 4 individually addressable channels.
- Each channel adjustable ~50mA to 1000 mA.
- 1 to 6 LEDs per channel (more if you run strings in parallel)
- Any combination of LED colors.
- Full opto-isolation to protect the Arduino.
- 5V regulator to power the Arduino from the shield.
- Drives 85 Watts of LEDs from one shield (6 LEDs x 3.6V x 1000 mA x 4 channels)
- Stackable (estimated up to 8 shields can be stacked)
- Minimum input voltage: 6 VDC.
- Maximum input voltage: 32 VDC.
Open Source: Unknown