Freetronics Terminal Shield
Photo credits: unknown
Shield URL: Terminal Shield
Tags: connection, prototyping
Breaks out all the Arduino headers to handy screw terminals, making it really easy to connect external wires without using a soldering iron.
The center area of the shield is also a prototyping area, allowing you to add your own parts to suit your project. A blue "power" LED shows when your Arduino is powered up, and there are also red, green, and blue general-purpose LEDs with current-limiting resistors.
- Gold-plated surface.
- Large prototyping area with through-plated holes.
- Clearly marked GND and 5V rails beside prototyping area.
- Blue surface-mount "power on" LED.
- 2 x 100nF power supply smoothing capacitors pre-fitted as surface-mount parts.
- Reset button wired through to the Arduino.
- 3 general-purpose surface-mount LEDs (red, green, blue) with current limiting resistors pre-fitted: drive HIGH to illuminate.
- Overlay printed on both the top and the bottom of the board.
Open Source: Yes, OSHW-compliant
License: TAPR Open Hardware License
No I/O pins specifically used: all broken out for user connections.