Solarbotics SB-GVS Sensor Shield
Photo by Solarbotics
Shield URL: SB-GVS Sensor Shield
The SB-GVS shield lets you easily interface this sort of device to your Arduino's 12 digital and 6 analog I/O ports. It also features an optional I2C port for peripheral networking at the sacrifice of 2 analog I/O ports, which share the same pins.
- Ideal for servo & sensor accessories such as Phidgets and Seeed Bricks.
- Full break-out for all 12 digital lines & 6 analog lines.
- BlinkM-style I2C port.
- Power filtering & bypass capacitors.
- Pin13 LED indicator.
- Reset line brought up from Arduino.
- Optional lock-tab sockets available for secure wiring: standard on Phidgets devices, but is still compatible with included 0.1" spaced pin headers.
When looking at possible sensors, look for the interface required. If it says "Interfaces with analog port" or "Interfaces with digital I/O" or similar, you'll most likely be able to interface it to your GVS shield's analog or digital ports.
Note: Some sensors are may be 3.3V compatible only. You must assure they are 5V tolerant to work with this shield.
Open Source: Unknown
Breakout points to all 12 Arduino digital I/O.
Breakout points to all 6 Arduino analog I/O.
BlinkM-compatible I2C port.
Tx/Rx/Gnd serial communication port.
Arduino Pin 13 LED & Reset button are brought up to the shield.